R3 Workshop Brings Together 70 Industry Professionals
Back in June, UniTech’s 2019 R3 Nuclear Workshop brought together 70 customers and key supply partners.
The event, held in downtown Chicago, fostered sharing of strategies for delivering the Nuclear Promise — cutting operational costs by 30 percent or more, while also augmenting operational efficiency and worker safety.
Presentations covered a wide range of strategies, including but not limited to:
- Minimizing Personnel Contamination Events (PCE’s)
- Maximizing nuclear plant recycling
- Unique solutions for transportation and decontamination of obsolete equipment
- Protective clothing and just-in-time-inventory programs to reduce overhead cost
- Laundry, respirator, and inventory recommendations for decommissioning
- Innovative DOE site clean-up approaches
“The large attendance combined with the quality of technical presentations presented by utility personnel on specific ideas of how to reduce costs combined with the networking during breaks and social activities made this our most successful R3 workshop to date,” said Director of Sales & Marketing Gregg Johnstone. “We look forward to bringing everyone together again in 2021.”
In addition to the customer-led workshop, attendees toured UniTech’s Morris, IL facility. During downtime, the group enjoyed a private dinner at Shedd Aquarium and attended a Chicago Cubs game at Wrigley Field.
On behalf of the entire UniTech team, thank you to all the customers and supply partners who joined us in Chicago!